I need to work on some of these myself… but by the end of the list I can hear myself saying some of these already… I hope my girls grow up bold and happy… able to deal with the sad… surrounded by awesome people but able to be independent… I hope they find themselves and love all the wrinkles, gaps, scars and wobbly bits- for those are all part of the story. My story is conservative and crazy, happy and sad, good and bad- but it’s always a good story when I bust out good lipstick and 4 inch heels… and when I am lucky enough to wear fake eyelashes- BAM. Different Erin. I hope Amelia and Lucy make mistakes and learn by them, and love themselves anyway- God knows I always will…
1. Chocolate is only a temporary fix.
2. A properly-fitting bra is not a luxury. It is a necessity.
3. Your happiness is your happiness and yours alone.
4. How to apply red lipstick.
5. How to wear the crap out of red lipstick.
6. A boyfriend does not validate your existence.
7. Eat the extra slice of pizza.
8. Wear what makes you feel gracefully at ease.
9. Love the world unconditionally.
10. Seek beauty in all things.
11. Buy your friends dinner when you can.
12. Wear sunscreen like it’s your second job.
13. Try with all your might to keep in contact with far-away friends.
14. Make the world feel at ease around you.
15. Walk with your head up.
16. Order a cheeseburger on the first date if you want to.
17. Never, ever bite your nails.
18. Swipe on some lipstick, put on your leather…
View original post 652 more words